Under the Freedom of Information Act (2000), I would like to make a request for the following information pertaining to the mental health policies for new recruits joining the West Midlands Police Force over the last five-years (2016 to present).
1/ Do the West Midlands Police Force have an occupational health policy for recruiting candidates who have previous suffered from mental health issues, such as depression?
1) Please could I kindly request statistics for the number of calls received by West Midlands Police annually over the last 5 years which turned out to be false malicious calls?
1. Does screening for gambling disorder take place among detainees in any part of your force? If yes:
a) Which detainees are being screened?
1) Are any of the vehicles seized because of lack of insurance/tax etc actually sold at auction?
1) Generally, during the pandemic how have you recorded within the control room incoming reports relating to COVID -19 breaches?
I would like to know whether your force has any such Mental Health Triage scheme.
1. How many reports did you receive from whistleblowers in 2019 and in 2020?
2. How many people do you have in your organisation that are trained/permitted to take reports from whistleblowers?
1. Please provide a copy of your force’s policy on obtaining informed consent to remote legal advice during the pandemic and assistance in custody, including the date this policy was introduced.
A copy of any procedure used by West Midlands Police relating to seizure and storage of detainees items whilst in custody
(1) Do you have a written policy, practice, order, direction or other document which sets out your policy on the use of CS incapacitant gas/spray and/or PAVA incapacitant gas/spray by your service members and/or staff? If the answer is in the affirmative, please provide copies of the current policy version, as well as copies of any version which has been in force at any time from 1 January 2018 to 28 November 2020.