Please provide the number of officers trained in Taser across the force, and the number of those in their probationary period (if none, whether there are plans to extend Taser training to probationary officers).
Category: Firearms and Conducted Energy Devices (Taser)
Use Of Force
The number of times a Conducted Energy Device (eg Taser) was deployed by officers between January 1 and June 24, 2020, including the number of times the weapons were discharged. Please provide the ethnicity of those against whom the CEDs were deployed.
How many armed officers are there employed in the force?
How many members of your force have been issued Tasers for use in day-to-day patrolling.
(1) How many shooting incidents took place in each of these years: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
Please provide the data on the number of times officers in your force have used Tasers on people aged 17 years old and younger in each calendar year since January 2015.
Please could you provide the following information;
1. How many police officers are currently trained to use of a Taser?
2. Which departments/units (i.e. Roads Policing/Neighbourhood Policing) contain officers who carry Tasers?
3. Do you intend to increase the number of Taser trained officers over the next 12 months?
4. If so, by how many.
5. Are Tasers issued to any officer who wishes to undergo the training required?