Translation / Interpreting Services (1597A/23)
1. Please confirm your overall spending on Translation and Interpreting Services, for each of the financial years:
2. Please provide a breakdown of languages for the last 12 months
3. What languages were your suppliers not able to supply in 2022?
4. Which external supplier(s) do you currently use to deliver your interpreting and translation services?
5. Are you able to provide approximate fee / interpreting session for:
a. In-person/face to face interpreting
b. Telephone interpreting
c. Video interpreting
6. If you outsource the provision of interpreting services to an external provider, could you please confirm:
a) Whether the provider was contracted via a national framework? If so, which one?
b) When does the current contract expire?
c) Is there is an exclusivity clause, which would prevent you from piloting new cost saving interpreting services during the duration of your contract with your existing provider?
7. From which budget within your organisation are interpreting services funded?
8. Where do you advertise your tenders? If you do not do a full tender / which frameworks would you use?
9. What is the start and end date for either the framework or direct contracts you have with interpreting and translation supplier(s)?
10. Please provide the name and email of the contract manager for the service
11. If we would like to engage in conversation with a member of staff in your organisation to discuss the innovation we propose to develop, who would be the most suitable person to approach?
We can confirm that relevant information is held by West Midlands Police. However, while the majority of the information is attached to this email, I am not required to release all of the information requested. Please see attached.
REASONS FOR DECISION
The withheld information is exempt by virtue of the following exemption:
S43 (1) Commercial Interests
These exemptions and explanatory notes are shown here:
In line with the above, I am required to complete a Prejudice Test/Public Interest Test (PIT) on disclosure. Please find this PIT attached (1597A_PIT_01).