Vehicle Offences (1718A/22)
I would like to submit a Freedom of Information request to access the information for the following offence codes:
- TS16001 Motor Vehicle Fail to Accord Precedence to Pedestrian at Zebra Crossing
- ZP97007 Motor Vehicle Fail to Accord Precedence at a Pelican Crossing
- ZP97004 Motor Vehicle Fail to Stop at Red Light at Pelican Crossing
- RT88970 Motor Vehicle Fail to Comply with Zig-zag Lines at a Parallel Pedestrian and Cyclist Crossing (Toucan)
- RT88970 Motor Vehicle Fail to Comply with Zig-zag Lines at a [Puffin Crossing / Signal-controlled Crossing Facility / Portable Signal-controlled Pedestrian Facility]
- How many incidents have been reported to your force against the following offence codes in the years of 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018?
- How many of these incidents were linked to injury in the years of 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018?
- How many of these incidents were linked to death in the years of 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018?
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.