Temporary Speed Cameras (593A/23)
During the 2022 calendar year, how many temporary fixed position speed cameras were withdrawn from service that were positioned at a site where a temporary speed limit had been introduced because of road maintenance?
(This figure should include all those temporary cameras that were installed and removed during 2022 but also those installed prior to 2022 but subsequently removed during 2022.)
For each of the temporary cameras referred to above please state:
- a) When was it installed?
- b) When was it removed?
- c) Where it was positioned?
- d) What was the original speed limit on the road?
- e) What was the temporary speed limit being enforced for the cameras?
- f) In relation to the temporary speed limit (i) what was the total number of violations of the limit that were detected by the system and (ii) and how many notices of intended prosecution were sent to motorists?
- g) What was the highest speed or highest average speed recorded at this site and (if known) the make and model of the vehicle involved and the penalty imposed?
I am writing to inform you that we have searched our records and the information you requested is not held by West Midlands Police. Our Camera Enforcement Unit have confirmed that we haven’t had any temporary cameras removed in 2022.