Stalking Protection Orders (1266A/21)
Covering the period of 01 May to 31 August 2021.
1) On how many (unique) occasions did your force apply for a Stalking Protection Order or interim Stalking Protection Order over this period?
Please can you breakdown this information in terms of the total number of Stalking Protection orders applied for; the total number of interim Stalking Protection orders applied for; how many of these orders were exclusive to cases of so called ‘stranger stalking’ and how many were related to a domestic abuse, or ‘other’ context.
2) Could you also please confirm how many of the identified stalking protection orders/interim orders your force applied for over the requested period were granted?
3) Can you also break down the information by the age and gender of the person the order was intended to protect (i.e. the stalking ‘victim’) and the age/gender of the ‘stalker’.
4) Over this time period, how many Stalking Protection Orders were breached? How many interim Stalking Protection Orders were breached?
5) What was the average length of time (in days) it took for your force- upon notification of a breach occurring- to arrest a person who, without reasonable excuse, breached a Stalking Protection Order on an interim Stalking Protection Order?
6) What was the longest length of time (in days) it took for your force- upon notification of a breach occurring- to arrest a person who, without reasonable excuse, breached a Stalking Protection Order on an interim Stalking Protection Order?
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.