Stalking Protection Orders (1116A/21)
I am conducting research for a dissertation on stalking and require data for the following questions:
- From March 2020 – current date, how many stalking offences have been registered in the United Kingdom?
2. How many Stalking Protection Orders under the Stalking Protection Act 2019 have been granted from March 2020 – current date?
3. How many Stalking Protection Orders under the Stalking Protection Act 2019 have been granted from 15th March 2019 – current date?
4. In what areas of the United Kingdom have Stalking Protection Orders been granted from 15th March 2019 – current date, and how many have been granted in such areas?
5. If any Stalking Protection Orders have been granted from 15th March 2019 – current date, how many of those perpetrators have been convicted and imprisoned/fined or both?
Happy to proceed on the basis that you can only provide me with data for West Midlands Police.
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.