Sexual Offences (842A/21)
- The number of sexual offences (described in point 3) that have taken place in the financial years 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20, 2020/21 and 2021 up to the date this FOI is filed, where the perpetrator is under 18 and the victim is under 18.
If the sexual offence took place in a school, please provide this in the ‘Location’ column – otherwise please leave the ‘Location’ section blank.
- In the year column please provide the financial year in which the offence took place.
- In the offence column, please state which offence took place, as categorised by the Sexual Offences Act 2003:
- Rape (s.1)
- Assault by penetration (s.2)
- Sexual assault (s.3)
- Causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent (s.4)
- Rape of a child under 13 (s.5)
- Assault of a child under 13 by penetration (s.6)
- Sexual assault of a child under 13 (s.7)
- Causing or inciting a child under 13 to engage in sexual activity (s.8)
- In the ‘Victim Age’ column please provide the age of the victim.
- In the ‘Victim Gender’ column please provide the gender of the victim.
- In the ‘Perpetrator Age’ column please provide the age of the perpetrator
- In the ‘Perpetrator Gender’ column please provide the gender of the perpetrator
- In the ‘Outcome’ column please provide the outcome of the police investigation e.g. NFA/suspect charged
Please be advised that due to a major change in West Midlands Police recording systems, the requested information up to the date of your request (27/05/2021) cannot be retrieved. Therefore, we are unable to provide this part of your request, so have provided information up until the end of the 2021-2021 financial year.
In addition, we are unable to separately identify schools on our systems. We are only able to identify an “educational” establishment, which could include universities, academies, schools, further educational establishments etc. Therefore we have included this in the location field. Please find this attached.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.