Safety Cameras (1754A/21)
- The total number of fixed safety cameras you have in your police force area
- The number of operational fixed safety speed cameras you have in your police force area at the current moment
- The total number of mobile safety cameras you have in your police force area
- The number of operational mobile safety cameras you have in your police force area at the current moment
- The number of average speed safety cameras you have in your police force area and the number and length of roads they cover
- The number of operational average speed cameras you have in your police force area
- Do mobile safety camera vans in your police force area also detect and record in-vehicle offences such as using a hand-held mobile phone or not wearing a seatbelt?
- If so, how many mobile phone and how many seatbelt offences have been detected by mobile safety cameras in the last 5 years? Please show results for each year individually
Please find attached our response for questions 4, 6, 7 and 7a. For questions 1, 2, 3 and 5, under section 21 of the Act, we are not required to provide information in response to a request if it is already reasonably accessible to you. Please see attached for further information.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.