Racial / Hate Crimes 2015 to March 2021 (1106A/21)
For the years 2015/16 (i.e to 31st March 2016) to 2020/2021 (i.e to March 31st 2021) please provide for your force.
- How many racially offences per month broken down by race or ethnic background/nationality have been reported?
- How many race hate crimes per month broken down by race or ethnic background/nationality have been reported?
- And please provide the same data for any months already recorded after March 31st, 2021.
- An annual summary of the number of racial offences against Asians reported- for every year you have on record. (i.e How many racial offences against Asians were reported in 2014/2015, 2013/2014…)
- An annual summary of the number of race hate crimes against Asians reported for every year you have on record.
. In Q1. and Q.4, I mean ‘racially aggravated offences’
Please find attached (attachment 1106A/21) our response.
Note that in April 2021 we changed recording systems and you can see this reflected in the Qlik and SFN data. These are two different recording systems.
Please note that these data should be interpreted with caution. Comparing numbers of incidents/crimes can be misleading and does not necessarily indicate the likelihood of someone being a victim of crime. In addition, the number of incidents/crimes recorded in an area over a period of time can be influenced by a number of factors. Consequently statistics on incidents/crimes for one period may not necessarily be a good indicator of future incidents in that area.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.