Police officers with neurodiverse conditions (941A/22)
Neurodiverse conditions such as Autism, Aspergers, ADHD, Dyslexia and Dyspraxia.
I would be grateful if you could supply me with the following information (if possible)
1) What is the current police officer establishment of your force?
2) How many police officers in your force have a diagnosis of one or more of the conditions listed above?
3) How many police officers are undergoing assessment for one of these conditions?
4) Does your force have a specific policy on support for neurodivergent staff?
5) If there is a policy, please supply me with a copy.
6) In the last three years, have any police officers left or had their services dispensed with due to poor performance linked to their neurodiversity?
Please be advised that the information that you have requested is not available in a readily retrievable format. In relation to Question 3 and 6. Each officer occupational health record and performance would need to be located and manually reviewed.
Therefore, the cost of providing you with the information is above the amount to which we are legally required to respond i.e. the cost of locating and retrieving the information exceeds the ‘appropriate level’ as stated in the Freedom of Information (Fees and Appropriate Limit) Regulations 2004.
In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000, this letter acts as a Refusal Notice for this part of the request and if one part of a request exceeds the fees limit then S12 of the Act applies to the whole request
However, In accordance with Section 16 of the Act I have a duty to provide advice and assistance in relation to your request and can provide some information please see attached.
This should not be taken as a precedent that additional information would be supplied outside of the time/fees legislation for any subsequent requests
Further information on section 12 of FOI is available here: