Police Officer and PCSO convictions (603A/21)
This is a Freedom of Information request. Please provide me with the following information regarding the criminal conviction status of your staff:
- How many people does your police force/constabulary have in each of the following roles?
- Police Officer (Detective or Constable, including Specials) b. PCSO c. Other Police staff
- a. How many of your Police Officers (Detective or Constable, including Specials) have criminal convictions?
- b. How many of your PCSOs have criminal convictions?
- c. How many of your other Police staff have criminal convictions?
- For each conviction, please provide the following information:
- The person’s role and/or rank
- The offence
- Whether the person received a custodial sentence (suspended or otherwise) d. Whether the person was convicted before they joined the police
Please be advised that the information that you have requested is not all held in a retrievable format on WMP systems; in order to identify the information for questions 2 and 3 we would have to PNC check every officer and PCSO within the force.
This means that the cost of providing you with the information is above the amount to which we are legally required to respond i.e. the cost of locating and retrieving the information exceeds the ‘appropriate level’ as stated in the Freedom of Information (Fees and Appropriate Limit) Regulations 2004.
In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000, this letter acts as a Refusal Notice for this part of the request and if one part of a request exceeds the fees limit then S12 of the Act applies to the whole request.
Further information on section 12 of FOI is available here:
However for Q1:
Under section 21 of the Act, we are not required to provide information in response to a request if it is already reasonably accessible to you. The information you requested is available on the following website.
Include attachments here