Officer Speeding Restrictions (857A/22)
- Do you impose restrictions on how much a police driver trained to standard level can exceed the speed limit when making lawful use of exemptions ?
- If yes to question 1 please provide details of the limits imposed.
- Please provide the relevant policy and procedure documents that detail how a standard level driver may make lawful use of speed exemptions.
Please find our response below.
- There is no speed limit imposed on a standard driver when using exemptions. That is down to the circumstances and the officer to assess and justify.
- The policy that we adhere to is the ‘police driving’ under roads policing in the College of Policing authorised professional practice (APP): Police driving | College of Policing