Officer gender / driving courses (1387A/22)
- How many police officers do you have and how are they divided by gender?
- How many police officers are standard response trained drivers and how are they divided by gender?
- How many police officers are advanced trained drivers and how are they divided by gender?
- What is the success rate on the advanced driving course, divided by gender?
- How many police officers are there in the following roles, divided by gender?
- roads and crime unit (or equivalent, i.e. roads policing unit, traffic unit, etc.)
- serious collision investigation unit
- beat management
- dog handling
If possible, I would appreciate data for the questions above on a year on year basis dating back as far as is practicable for you to obtain, ideally at least five years
Please find attached (1387A/22 attachment) our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large-scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are considered when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be considered when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.