New Recruits (956A/21)
- Please confirm of the forces’ intake dates for new recruits for a period of two-years from circa February 2016.
- In respect of each of any intake referred to in response to question 1 above, please confirm of the number of applicants and the number of successful candidates.
- Please confirm the minimum qualification required for new intakes at that time (i.e. 2016/2017) and specifically whether a ‘Level 3 City & Guilds Certificate in Knowledge of Policing’ would have been acceptable.
- Please confirm whether at that time there would have been any minimum period of unpaid work required (i.e. time served as a PCSO or suchlike) before formal engagement of an officer to the force.
- Please confirm the starting salary for new officers in the years 2016 and 2017 respectively.
- Please confirm the force policy in respect of maternity pay for new starters (within the initial two-years) and beyond.
Please find attached (956A_21_attachment.pdf).
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.