Neurodiversity Training (1083A/22)
- Does this force provide mandatory training for its officers, in handling those with neurodiverse conditions, who come into contact with police?
- If so, could you provide details of this training? This might include how long it lasts, a brief outline of what is covered etc.
- If this force does not provide mandatory training for its officers in this area, could you provide details of any training which is offered?
- Could you provide any copies, if they exist, of this forces protocol/guidance documents for handling those with neurodiverse conditions (for example at arrest, or in police custody)
- If there is any separate protocol for autism, could you provide this as well?
- Lastly, does this force use autism alert cards?
Please find attached our response.