Motoring Offences (736A/21)
- The total number of driving/motoring offences recorded in your force area broken down by offence code for the years 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
- Where possible, the definition / name for each offence code.
Please find attached our response (736A_21_attachment.xlsx). Data for 2021 is up to 31 March.
Please note, there are a number of different motoring offences and these are recorded across a number of systems. The attached document therefore shows:
- Notices issued by the Traffic Process Office
- Home Office Recordable Offences
- Arrests for Drink/Drug/Disqualified Driving Offences codes are unfortunately not available for these arrests)
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.