Missing Persons (381A/23)
- Does your force have a specialised missing person unit?
- If not, which departments/teams are tasked with missing persons reports?
3. How many staff does the missing persons unit have?
- On average, how many cases of missing persons does the unit deal with per calendar year?
- What roles exist within the missing persons unit? (For example, desk-based officers or locate officers?)
- Does the missing person department investigate adult missing persons reports?
- Does the department investigate low, medium and high-risk cases. If not, please explain?
- What computer system do you use to log missing person cases?
- Does your force have a missing person policy – is it different to the APP?
a) If yes, can you please share a link to the policy please.
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large-scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.