Knife Crime (1600A/22)
- The number of offences your force recorded related to knife crime/possession in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 so far.
- The gender of the suspect.
- The age of the suspect (18 and under, 19-24, 25-30, over 30).
- The gender of the victim.
- The age of the victim (18 and under, 19-24, 25-30, over 30).
- Number of incidents that have a victim aged 18 and under where the suspect was over 18.
Please find attached (1600A_22_attachment.pdf).
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.