Indecent Exposure (201A/23)
- How many police officers and staff in your force have been reported for indecent exposure (Home Office offence code 139) from January 2018 to December 2022?
- How many of these reports resulted in any sort of professional disciplinary action of an officer or staff member?
- How many of these reports resulted in a conviction of an officer or staff member?
- How many of these reported officers/staff were removed from their job?
- How many of these reported officers/staff members are still part of your force?
Please find attached our response.
In addition to the attached, it is important to note that we want our officers and staff to uphold the highest of standards so the public has the utmost confidence in them.
Sexual harassment and abuse are simply unacceptable but when it is done by a police officer or staff member – who holds a position of power and someone the public should trust – it must be rooted out and eliminated.
We must do everything we can to maintain public confidence and trust in policing.
This will provide reassurance to the public that we mean it when we say we’ll do all we can to preserve and rebuild trust.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.