Finance Systems (879A/22)
Please could you answer some questions about how you are currently handing your spending at the Authority:
Travel & Expenses
- What finance system do you use?
- What system do you use to manage and process your staff’s expenses?
- What is the expense process?
- How many expense claims were made in FY21/22? And what was total value of expense claimed in FY21/22?
- Can you submit expenses remotely?
- How are you claiming VAT on mileage? Do your staff have to deduct commute from mileage?
- What percentage of expense claims are you auditing?
- How many FTEs (full time employees) do you have processing expense claims?
- What is the average time to reimburse your staff’s expenses?
- How are you reporting on expense spend, PSA expense types and scope 3 emissions reporting?
- What are you biggest categories when it comes to Travel Spend?
- What system do you use for managing/processing invoices?
- What is your current invoice process for handling supplier invoices, from receipt to when it is posted in the ERP/finance system and ready for payment?
- How many invoices were processed in FY21/22?
- How many FTEs (full time employees) do you have in your accounts payable team who process invoices?
- What percentage of invoices were paid late in FY21/22?
- Do you use Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to scan invoices?
- Do you have to manually validate the scanned invoices from the OCR capture?
- Do you currently have a PO system or a non-PO system? If you use both types – what is the percentage of PO invoices vs. non-PO invoices?
- Are you claiming VAT on invoices? If so, are you doing this in-house?
- How are you currently reporting on invoice spend?
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.