Establishment and Recruitment (1150A/21)
1) What is the total establishment of police officers in your force?
2) In terms of police officers, what percentage of your force are ethnic minority men/women?
3) What is your percentage split on male/female officers?
4) What is your percentage split on ethnic diversity in your force?
5) What is your percentage split of diversity among women?
6) What is your percentage split of diversity among men?
7) How many police officers are the force intending to recruit in the next 3 years (2021,22,23)?
8) Please provide any evidence of positive action initiatives that your force may currently have in place.
9) Has your force made any commitment to recruiting certain numbers from ethnic minority communities?
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.