E-Scooter Collisions (1151A/23)
Would it be possible to disclose the following information each month between January 2018 and July 1st 2023?
- How many collisions involving e scooters were recorded by your force?
- How many collisions included only one e scooter with no other vehicles involved in the collision?
- How many casualties were there in collisions involving e scooters?
- Of all casualties in collisions involving e scooters – how many were e scooter riders?
- How many people have been killed in collisions involving e scooters? How many killed were the riders?
- How many people were seriously injured in collisions involving e scooters? How many were the riders?
- How many people were slightly injured in collisions involving e scooters? How many were the riders?
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.