Drink Driving (1255A/22)
- All police operations specifically designed to tackle drink drivers FROM APRIL 2018 – PRESENT
- Any traffic/roads police/CMPG operations which take place, specifically designed to tackle drink drive, and the times of year which they take place or are going to take place (dates and times).
- The amount of officers currently trained to conduct the in custody INTOX procedure
- The amount of RTC’s which have been linked to drink drive offences, or have had drink drivers involved
- The amount of fatal RTC’S which are linked to drink drivers
- The amount of RTC’S which have caused injury linked to drink drivers
- The total amount of RTC’S which are linked to drink drivers
- The total amount of arrests from 2018 – present for drug driving.
Please find attached our response.
Please note that these data should be interpreted with caution. Comparing numbers of incidents/crimes can be misleading and does not necessarily indicate the likelihood of someone being a victim of crime. In addition, the number of incidents/crimes recorded in an area over a period of time can be influenced by a number of factors. Consequently statistics on incidents/crimes for one period may not necessarily be a good indicator of future incidents in that area.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.