Dog Necropsies (1617A/23)
I am seeking details regarding post-mortem reports on dogs that have attacked humans and subsequently been “destroyed”. Specifically, I would like to obtain the following information:
1. Whether a post-mortem examination was carried out on dogs involved in incidents in regards to human attacks that were subsequently PTS.
2. The breed or breeds of the dogs involved in these incidents, as determined by a qualified professional during the post-mortem examination.
3. Any findings related to the presence of drugs or substances, such as steroids, as revealed during the post-mortem examination of these dogs.
1. These are not routinely carried out unless the incident involves a human fatality.
2. Two dogs in recent years have been subject of a necropsy and were found to be American bull dogs, by a trained professional.
3. West Midlands Police will neither confirm nor deny that we hold any of the requested information as the following exemption applies:
Section 30(3) – Investigations and proceedings conducted by the public authority.
This exemption and explanatory notes are shown here:
In line with the above, I am required to complete a Prejudice Test/Public Interest Test (PIT) on disclosure. Please find this PIT attached (1617A_23_PIT.pdf).
No inference can be taken from this refusal that the information you have requested does or does not exist.