Disclosing private sexual photographs (1794A/21)
- Please could you provide the numbers of reported cases and outcomes for Disclosing private sexual photographs and films with intent to cause distress under section 33 of Criminal Justice and Courts Act 2015 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2016/22/part/1/crossheading/disclosure-of-an-intimate-photograph-or-film/enacted) for the years 2021(jan-dec) where the victim is 18 or over.
- We would also like this to include threats to share private sexual images, under section 69 of the domestic abuse act (https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2021/17/part/6/crossheading/disclosure-of-private-sexual-photographs-and-films/enacted)
- Also for Voyeurism (under Voyeurism (Offences) Act 2019- http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/2/enacted) under the same conditions for
- And Exortion (under section Section 21 of the Theft Act 1968 – https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/60/section/21) Under the same conditions for:
- Cases of the crimes and subsequent outcomes:
- Cautions given
- Offenders charged and number of charges
- Community resolution
- Cases marked No Further Action
If possible please can this information be provided in Excel format.
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.