Disciplinary Proceedings (535A/21)
- how many police officers [not specials] does your force have currently [31 March 2021]?
- Please break these into ethnicity and rank. To be clear, I require a table in an excel sheet which clearly identifies to rank [e.g. constable, sergeant, inspector etc.] and their accompanying ethnicity.
- During the financial years [01 April to 31 March inclusive] 2018-19, 2019-20, 2020-21, how many officers faced disciplinary proceedings?
- Please break these into ethnic groups. To be clear, I require a table in an excel sheet which clearly identifies to rank [e.g. constable, sergeant, inspector etc.] and their accompanying ethnicity. I do not believe anyone will be identify said officers, no matter how small the numbers.
Clarification received 21/04/2021:
I guess we should start off with the disciplinary regulations and the stages.
My understanding is that most institutions have stages:
- first, second and final written warnings
- in person hearings with representatives
In the police cases are referred to professional standards.
So, what I am asking for are the numbers of officers, broken down by ethnicity who have had their cases referred to professional standards.
Perhaps these may be of help?
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.