Digital forensics 1397A/21
- Does the force outsource the digital forensic services e.g. data recovery of mobile telephones, drones, satellite navigation systems, tablets and other mobile devices?
- If so, please confirm how the force decides which company to outsource the work to e.g. Long term contract via tender application or on a case by case basis.
- If this work is outsourced under a contract, please confirm,
- Which company / companies are currently contracted to undertake the work.
- When the contract is up for renewal.
- The average number of individual cases / devices the current each company investigate for the force per annum.
- What the current cost of the contract to the force per annum (per company).
- Does the force have a Digital Forensics lead? If so, please provide their name and contact details.
- What are the minimum qualifications / accreditations etc, required of a company to undertake such work for the force?
For Questions 1
Long term contract basis
Question 3 a b c d
Under section 21 of the Act, we are not required to provide information in response to a request if it is already reasonably accessible to you. The information you requested is available on the following website.
The Force lead for digital forensic is Amanda Kesterton.
WMP DF require external providers to be accredited to ISO 17025. With regards to qualifications this comes with the accreditation requirement, all staff working within the accreditation status of that supplier will be signed off as competent to perform their role, which is managed by UKAS.
Include attachments here