Digital Forensic Examinations (1013A/23)
- The number of digital forensic examinations carried out by in-house, police forensic services in the past 12 months or similar reporting period
- The number of digital forensic examinations carried by outside laboratories and/or outside forensic science services in the same period
- The names of any digital forensic laboratories and/or outside forensic science services used
- The current backlog of digital forensic examinations
- The number of Forensic Science Activities, in accordance with the Forensic Science Regulator Act 2021, that you are / are not currently accredited to deliver
- The number of Forensic Science Activities completed in laboratories which are not accredited to ISO 17025
We can confirm that relevant information is held by West Midlands Police. However, while the majority of the information is attached to this email, I am not required to release all of the information requested. Please see attached.
REASONS FOR DECISION
The withheld information is exempt by virtue of the following exemptions:
Section 31 (1) (Law enforcement)
This exemption and explanatory notes are shown here:
In line with the above, I am required to complete a Prejudice Test/Public Interest Test (PIT) on disclosure. Please find this PIT attached (1013A_PIT_01).