Dangerous Dogs (849A/23)
As a freedom of information request, please provide monthly and annual totals from 2018 up until the most current date available at the point of production for the following:
- The number of times the offences of an out-of-control dog causing injury has been recorded
- The total number of dogs seized each year
- The number, seized each year of: a) suspected banned breeds, b) suspected American Bully or ‘XL bully’ breed
- The number of dogs seized, split by weight
- The number of dogs destroyed each year.
- The number of dogs destroyed each year, with a breakdown, if available of suspected banned breeds and suspected American bully breeds
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.