Contracts for Fluid Testing (231A/21)
I am contacting you under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000 to request the following information regarding whether you have a tender and contract for hair, blood, urine and oral fluid drug and alcohol testing. The information we require includes both instant and samples submitted to a laboratory (not roadside testing).
Your tender may also be known as toxicology testing, drug and alcohol testing or substance misuse testing service. To help you, I am outlining my request as specifically as possible for the following:
- A full copy of the most recent tender issued for hair, blood, urine and oral fluid drug and alcohol testing in a laboratory (not roadside testing).
- The contract value, where possible.
- The start and end date of the most recent winning contract, plus any contract extensions.
- The organisation who won and currently delivers your drug and alcohol testing contract.
- A list of the companies who submitted to the tender process and their ranking and scores.
- The name of the person or team members who makes the decision within your police force to award hair, blood, urine and oral fluid drug and alcohol testing contracts.
We can confirm that relevant information is held by West Midlands Police. However, while the majority of the information is attached to this email, I am not required to release all of the information requested. Please find attached our response.
REASONS FOR DECISION
The ranking and scores of the companies that submitted tenders are exempt by virtue of the following exemption:
Section 43 – Commercial interests
This exemption and explanatory notes are shown here:
In line with the above, I am required to complete a Prejudice Test/Public Interest Test (PIT) on disclosure. Please find this PIT attached (231A_PIT).