- How many individuals were registered as CHIS’s with West Midlands Police in the year ending March 2022? And how did that compare with the figures from years dating back to 2010?
- What was the total figure paid out by West Midlands Police to CHIS’s for information and/or undercover work in the year ending March 2022, and how did it compare with previous years?
- How many West Midlands Police CHIS’s were convicted of (or pleaded guilty to) criminal offences between March 2009 and March 2022 and what were the offences they were convicted of?
- On how many occasions did West Midlands Police or the CPS apply for (and obtain) Public Interest Immunity to protect a CHIS from being identified in a court of law between 2009 and 2022?
- How many CHIS’s were deregistered by West Midlands Police between 2009 and 2022 because of doubts over their motivation or the quality of the information they provided?
Our data are not organised in such a way as to allow us to provide this information within the appropriate (cost) limit within the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act (see ‘Reason for Decision’ below).
I am unable to suggest any practical way in which your request may be modified in order to satisfy your query or bring it within the 18 hours stipulated by the Regulations. I am however willing to consider any refinements that you are able to make to your request, in accordance with Section 16 of the Freedom of Information Act.
Under duty to assist if you would like to refine your request we recommend eliminating the questions which will trigger cost exemption, i.e. to resubmit the request refined to only Q2. However please note that this even when refined, may still have exemptions applied.
Also, the below link may help in order to assist you which is on our FOI publication site.
Include attachments here