Care/Nursing Home – Abuse or Neglect (499A/23)
- How many offences of abuse or neglect where the location was listed as a care/nursing home and the victim was a resident have you received in 2022?
- How many of those reported offences have resulted in charges?
Some forces have asked for clarification on what is meant by abuse or neglect. If you require crime names, please search for:
- Assault with injury
- Assault without injury
- Sexual assault
- Common assault and battery
- Assault occasioning actual bodily harm
- Assault occasioning grievous bodily harm
- Causing intentional harassment alarm or distress
Please find attached (499A_23_attachment.pdf).
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.