Capita Contract (624A/23)
This is a request for information that relates to the organisation’s contracts around ICT contract(s) for Server Hardware Maintenance, Server Virtualisation Licenses and Maintenance and Storage Area Network (SAN) Maintenance/Support, which may include:
- Server Hardware Maintenance- contracts relating to the support and maintenance of the organisation’s physical servers.
· Virtualisation Maintenance/Support/ Licensing (VMware, Solaris, Unix, Linux, Windows Server)
· Storage Area Network Maintenance/Support (EMC, NetApp etc)
For each of the types of contract described above, please can you provide me with the following data. If there is more than one contract please split the information for each separate supplier this includes annual spend
- Contract Title: Please provide me with the contract title.
2. Type of Contracts (ABOVE): Please can you provide me with one or more contract types the contract relates to: Server Hardware, Virtualisation, SAN (Storage Area Network)
3. Existing/Current Supplier: Please provide me with the supplier name for each contract.
4. Brand: Please state the brand of hardware or software
5. Operating System / Software (Platform): (Windows, Linux, Unix, Vsphere, AIX, Solaris etc.) Please state the operating system used by the organisation.
6. Annual Average Spend: Please provide me with the most recent annual spend for this contract?
7. Contract Duration: (Please can you also include notes if the contract includes any contract Extension periods.)
8. Contract Expiry Date: Please can you provide me with the date of when the contract expires.
9. Contract Review Date: (An approximate date of when the organisation is planning to review this particular contract.)
10. Purchase of Servers: Could you please provide me with the month and year in which most/bulk of servers were purchased.
11. Number of Physical Server: Please can you provide me with the number of physical servers.
12. Number of Virtual Servers: Please can you provide me with the number of Virtual servers
13. Brief Contract Description: I require a brief description of the service provided under this contract. Please do not just put maintenance. I need at least a sentence.
14.Contract Owner: (The person from within the organisation that is responsible for reviewing and renewing this particular contract. Please include their full name, job title, direct contact number and direct email address.)
We can confirm that relevant information is held by West Midlands Police. However, while the majority of the information is attached to this email, I am not required to release all of the information requested. Please find attached a redacted document (624A_Attachment).
REASONS FOR DECISION
The redacted information is exempt by virtue of the following exemptions:
Section 31(1)(a)(b) – Law enforcement
Section 40(2) – Personal information
These exemptions and explanatory notes are shown here:
In line with Section 31, I am required to complete a Prejudice Test/Public Interest Test (PIT) on disclosure. Please find this PIT attached (624A_PIT).
Section 40(2) is an absolute and class-based exemption if to release the information exists would breach the third party’s data protection rights. In this case to release this personal information would not constitute fair processing of the data. As this exemption is class based I am not required to identify the harm in disclosure and in this instance I believe that the right to privacy outweighs any public interest in release.