Body Armour (520A/21)
With regard to your forces purchases of body armour:
- Who is/are your current supplier/s
- When does the contract end
- How long was the contract term
- When will the new procurement process start
- What is the current level of protection
- What is the current unit price per vest
- What was the total value of the contract award
- How many units of body armour have been purchased during the contract term
We can confirm that some relevant information is held by West Midlands Police (see attached 520A_21_attachment.pdf). However, we are withholding information in relation to question 6 since it is exempt by virtue of the following exemption:
Section 43(2) – Commercial interests
This exemption and explanatory notes are shown here:
Section 43(2) is a prejudice-based, qualified exemption and therefore I am required to complete a Prejudice Test/Public Interest Test (PIT) on disclosure. Please find this PIT attached (520A_21_PIT.pdf).
In accordance with section 17 of the Act, this email represents a Refusal Notice for this particular request.