Benevolent fund (463A/23)
Please can you tell me, for each tax year from 2016-17 to 2021-22:
– The total value of the force’s benevolent fund for each year
– The total number of claims made for an award under the benevolent fund each year
– The total number of claims that were accepted and received payments under the fund for each year
– The total amount paid out in awards by the benevolent fund each year
– For each payment, broken down per year, please detail who received the award (i.e. current officer, former officer, dependent); the total amount (£) awarded; and a brief description or key reason for the award being paid (i.e financial hardship, loss of relative, mental health, physical health).
I am writing to inform you that we have searched our records and the information you requested is not held by West Midlands Police.
Please note that any Police Staff Association / Charity will not be covered by the act, even though the information may be held on Police servers or premises. This is provided that the information is for the sole use of those associations and is not used for a policing purpose, in which case it is not considered “held” by the authority under the Freedom of information act.
The West Midlands Police Benevolent fund is a charity and its registered address is:
WMP Benevolent Fund
2111 Coventry Road
You can email them on : email@example.com
Include attachments here