I am trying to establish some data surrounding the use of video-link technology and virtual hearings. I would be grateful if you could please provide me with the following information:
- Do you have video-link technology to enable virtual hearings with the courts? Is this equipment used?
- How many police custody facilities have the equipment to have virtual hearing with the courts? How many rooms are equipped at each site?
- Are there any future pilot schemes planned involving virtual hearings? Can you provide any relevant details?
- Is there any data you can provide following the use of virtual hearings/video-link technologies ie:
- Frequency of use across the different police forces
- How many video-link calls occur on a monthly basis
- Proportion of video-link calls used for crown court hearings, magistrate hearings, probation visits, inter-prison visits and solicitors meetings.
Your help with this is much appreciated.
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.