Vehicle Theft (4259/19)
- For the calendar years of 2017 and 2018, please provide yearly totals of:
The number of car thefts that were reported to your constabulary.
- For the calendar year of 2018, please tell me the five street names in your constabulary where the highest number of car thefts were reported, detailing:
– The name of the street.
– The actual number of car thefts that were reported on each of the five streets during this time period.
- For the calendar year of 2018, please tell me the five car models that were reported stolen the most times in your constabulary, detailing:
– the make and model of the cars.
Please find attached our response for questions 1 and 3. For question 2 we do not have five street names where the highest number of car thefts were reported, however please see for more information:
Please note that these data should be interpreted with caution. Comparing numbers of incidents/crimes can be misleading and does not necessarily indicate the likelihood of someone being a victim of crime. In addition, the number of incidents/crimes recorded in an area over a period of time can be influenced by a number of factors. Consequently statistics on incidents/crimes for one period may not necessarily be a good indicator of future incidents in that area.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.