Request / Response
1) Does West Midlands Police have an existing contract for the supply of temporary agency staff and/or for the supply of permanent staff?
Yes. We are just out of contract for Temporary Agency Staff and whilst the evaluation is finalised in relation to which framework WMP will utilise, Standing Orders will apply for a short term period of 2 to 4 weeks by which time the new contract will be in place.
2) If the answer to Q1 is yes, who is the contract awarded to and what are the contract dates?
The contractor is Randstad and the contract period is 01/04/2010 – 31/03/2014.
3) If the answer to Q1 is yes, which categories of staff does the contract cover? (eg IT, Admin Clerical, Police Officers, Finance)
We utilise Randstad for the back office roles, such as Clerical, Admin, Finance and on occasion IT
4) What is the total spend on agency staff for West Midlands Police , broken down by year for the last 3 years?
|Financial Year||Amount (Rounded to the nearest £100)|
|2013-14 to Mar||515,900|
Please note however that these may not be the final figures for 2013-14 as they will not take into account any adjustments made as part of year end as the year end process has only just begun.
5) What is the total spend on agency staff for West Midlands Police ,broken down by temporary agency worker spend and spend on permanent introduction fees, for the last 3 years?
It is not possible to provide a specific breakdown
6) What is the total spend on agency staff for West Midlands Police, broken down by Job Title, for the last 3 years?
Our data are not organised in such a way as to allow us to provide this information and the cost of compliance with your request is above the amount to which we are legally required to respond, i.e. the cost of locating and retrieving the information would exceed the appropriate costs limit under section 12 of the Freedom of information Act 2000.
7) How many temporary agency workers does West Midlands Police currently have in post?
31 as at 31 March 2014
8) Which agencies are supplying the existing agency workers?
Randstad and West Midlands Ambulance Service
As recommended as good practice by the Information Commissioner’s Office a version of this response may be published on the West Midlands Police website.