Technology theft (4830_14)
For each of the crimes listed below, could you share the following:
- The number of offences reported in total
- The number that involved the taking of computing and communications devices – i.e. mobile and smartphones, tablets, laptops, desktop computers, computing equipment.
- How many of those thefts of computing and communications devices were from private individuals and how many were from businesses or other organisations (e.g. local Government, health services, etc.)
I would be very grateful for any information you could provide, but if time is limited then just the answers to the first two questions (i.e. number of reported incidents of each crime and the number that involved taking computers and communications devices) would be fantastic.
The list of crimes is as follows:
- Domestic Burglary
- Non-Domestic Burglary
- Aggravated Burglary
- Theft from a person (e.g. mugging, pickpocketing, bag snatching)
- Theft from a vehicle
- Theft from a location (e.g. shoplifting)
Please find attached our response (4830_Attachment_01).