Taser Training (14431/19)
- How many officers are currently trained to use a Taser within this force?
- How many officers are waiting to be Taser trained?
- How many officers in 2019 have gone on a Taser training course but have subsequently failed that course and consequently not authorised to carry a Taser?
- How many officers have requested to be Taser trained since the 7th of August 2019?
- What are official pre-requisites required of an officer to apply for the Taser training course within this force?
- How many female officers carry a Taser?
- How many male officers carry a Taser?
Please find attached (14431_19_attachment.pdf). Please note, the information requested changes on a daily basis and because of this it has not been possible to provide data as at the 21st of August, instead figures relate to the date that we were able to retrieve them from our records/systems. Additionally due to this issue, it has not been possible to retrieve data for question 4.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.