Taser Deployments (6359/17)
Please could you provide the following information for the 10 most recent incidents of TASER use for your force (by incident):
1. Date of TASER deployment
2. Type of TASER deployment
3. No. of times the TASER was deployed during the incident
4. Was the officer who deployed the TASER single or double crewed during the shift when the incident took place
5. How many officers were present at the time of TASER deployment
6. The gender of the officer who deployed the TASER
7. The gender of the person who was TASERed
8. Reason for TASER deployment
Please find attached our response, which is the only recorded data we have available.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.