1) How many individuals has your police force arrested and investigated as having returned from the Syria/Iraq theatre of war, in the past two years, giving a male/female breakdown.
2) Please tell us how many individuals who are returnees from Syria/Iraq over the past two years have been charged with any offence, giving a male/female breakdown.
3) How many of the individuals referred to in Q3 have been found guilty of any offence, giving a male/female breakdown.
4) Please tell me how many individuals who are returnees from Syria/Iraq war that your force arrested or investigated, have not been charged with any offence, and are allowed to live in the community. Please give us a male/female breakdown.
5) Please tell me how many under-16s have been arrested since by your police force as having returned from the Syria/Iraq theatre in the past two years, giving a male/female breakdown.
Our data are not organised in such a way as to allow us to provide this information without
researching each individual case, to confirm or negate whether it meets the requested criteria, which would exceed the appropriate limit (FOIA, s.12 (1)).
Therefore, the cost of compliance with your request is above the amount to which we are legally required to respond, i.e. the cost of confirming or denying that the information is held would exceed the appropriate costs limit under section 12 of the Freedom of information Act 2000. For West Midlands Police, the appropriate limit is set at £450, as prescribed by the Freedom of Information and Data Protection (Appropriate Limit and Fees) Regulations 2004, S.I. 3244
A public authority which, in relation to any request for information, is relying on a claim that section 12 or section 14 applies must, within the time for complying with Section 1(1), give the applicant a notice stating that fact. In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000, this letter acts as a refusal notice.
In accordance with Section 16 of the Freedom of Information Act, I am happy to look at ways in which you can refine your request in order to have access to some of the information you have requested, however I am unable to suggest any practical way in which your request may be modified in order to satisfy your query or bring it within the 18 hours stipulated by the Regulations