Stop and Search (4006_13)
Please provide the following on Stop and Search data held by your force:
1) How many stop and searches were carried out by your force in each of the following years 2012/13, 2011/2012?
2) How many stop and searches involved children aged 10 to 17 in each of the following years 2012/13, 2011/2012?
3) How many stop and searches involved children under the age of 10 in each of the following years 2012/13, 2011/2012?
4) Of the children under 10 who were stopped and searched, in each of the following years 2012/13, 2011/2012, what were the reasons given?
5) Please state the age of the youngest person or youngest people you have stopped and searched in each of the following years 2012/13, 2011/2012?
Please find attached our response (4006_Attachment_01).
Under the Freedom of Information Act we are obliged to provide recorded information, regardless of accuracy. In this case, the age data in the attached data – which is calculated from date of birth – is incorrect. However, in order to comply with the Freedom of Information Act 2000, we have disclosed the recorded data despite its inaccuracies. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.