Social Media Monitoring (10939/18)
I write to request information and records under the FOIA.
Please could you answer the following:
- Has your force ever explored using the services of Meltwater (Media Intelligence and Social Monitoring)?
- a) What services did your force explore using Meltwater for?
- Has your force ever had a contract for services with Meltwater?
- a) What was the purpose of those services?
- b) How much did your force pay for this contract with Meltwater?
- Has your force ever engaged with other media intelligence and social monitoring companies/professionals?
If yes, please state:
- a) Names of companies/professionals
- b) Purpose of engagement
- c) Contract length where the engagement was contractual
Please find data attached.
In addition to the attached response West Midlands Police can neither confirm nor deny that it holds any other information relevant to this request as the duty in Section 1(1)(a) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 does not apply by virtue of the following exemptions:
Section 24(2) National Security
Section 31(3) Law enforcement
These exemptions and explanatory notes are shown here:
In line with the above, I am required to complete a Prejudice Test/Public Interest Test (PIT) on disclosure. Please find this PIT attached.
No inference can be taken from this refusal that any further information relevant to your request does or does not exist.