Sexual Offences (1168/19)
We are in need of data to help us understand what happens to young people after being reported to the police for the following online harmful sexual behaviour offences:
* 86/2 Take/make/distribute indecent photogrtaphs or (S) pseudo-photographs of childern
* 86/10 Possession of an indecent or pseudo-photograph (S) of a child
*86/11 Possession of extreme pornographic images (S) an act which threatens a person’s life
*86/12 Possession of extreme pornographic images – an (S) act which results, or is likely to result, in serious injury to a person’s anus, breats or genitals
*86/13 Possession of extreme pornographic images – an (S) act which involves sexual interference with a human corpse (necrophilia)
*86/14 Possession of extreme pornographic images – (S) person performing an act of intercourse or oral sex with an animal (dead or alive)
86/15 Possession prohibited images of children
86/16 Possess an extreme pornograhphic image portraying (S) rape
86/17 Possess an extreme pornograhpic images (S) portraying assault by penetration.
Please provide the following informaiton in relation to young people (aged 17 and under) who have been reported for each of the above crimes between 1st July 2016 and 30th June 2018:
1. How many young people were arrested for the crimes listed above?
2. How many resulted in no further action?
3. How many were resolved using outcome 21?
4. How many resulted in an informal Out of Court disposal i.e. Youth Restorative Intervention
5. How many resulted in a Youth Caution or Youth Conditional Caution?
6. How many proceeded to Court?
7. How many investigations are ongoing?
8. What is the average length of investigation?
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.