Serious Violence Funding (12390/19)
I am sending this request under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), to ask for the following information:
- How much of the £100m Serious Violence Funding was allocated to your police force? [I believe, in the original announcement by the Home Office – https://www.gov.uk/government/news/police-granted-funding-boost-for-action-on-serious-violence – West Midlands Police was allocated £7,620,000
- but please confirm or correct this amount.]
- How much of the funding that your force was allocated has been spent to date? Please indicate financial amount. Please give an approximate figure if a precise figure is not possible.
- What has the funding, that has been spent to date, been spent on? Please indicate by category and any detail available, such as operations, intelligence, additional deployment, etc.
- What will the remaining funding be spent on (presumably over the next 10 months or so)? If no decisions have been made/are in progress please indicate.
- If you hold information on the £35m allocation to Violence Reduction Units or the £1.6m allocated to “improved data collection” then please provide information on spending and forward planning for this.
- I would be very grateful of any contextual information or additional information you deem useful/relevant.
Please find attached our response.