I should like to request the following information
- Your organization’s policy on paying for additional security measures for your staff in response to a perceived threat (that is a direct consequence of the nature of doing the role of a police officer), to their personal security including when off duty or on the way to work. To provide clarity on these I offer some examples but this isn’t meant to an exhaustive list
- Increasing lightening at personal addresses
- Panic Alarms
- CCTV at personal addresses
- Costs of running a 2nd car if the identity of normal car has been comprised
- Extra mileage costs due to increased mileage due to the need to take longer route to work
- Blackened out windows in personal cars
Could I please ask that the information you provide contains at least the following
- The level of perceived threat before your organization will consider any payment
- The sort of items you will pay and the sort you won’t
- The limits on any payments
- What proof do staff have to produce to demonstrate the expense incurred?
- Are officers obligated or advised to take insurance to cover any expense incurred by a heightened security threat that might be a consequence of the nature of doing the role of a police officer
I am writing to inform you that we have searched our records and the information you requested is not held by West Midlands Police. We do not hold a specific policy regarding this, however we do issue advice to our staff regarding threats.