Resolution Centres (18614/18)
Under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, please provide me with full answers to each of the following questions:
- Does your force have a unit that resolve calls on the telephone rather than sending out officers? If the answer is no then please disregard the rest of the questions
- What is the name of this unit? Some forces call them resolution centres or incident resolution teams, others use the names demand hubs or crime support hubs
- How many staff work in it and what hours is it manned?
- How many calls has it handled in a) 2017 and b) 2018?
- What was its budget in a) 2017 and b) 2018?
- If possible please provide a breakdown of its work eg 40% welfare calls 20% antisocial behaviour 10% criminal damage etc
- If possible please state what proportion of all calls to your force it handled in a) 2017 and b) 2018 – or what proportion of demand it has removed from the frontline, if you have calculated that
Please find attached our response.
Please note that these data should be interpreted with caution. Comparing numbers of incidents/crimes can be misleading and does not necessarily indicate the likelihood of someone being a victim of crime. In addition, the number of incidents/crimes recorded in an area over a period of time can be influenced by a number of factors. Consequently statistics on incidents/crimes for one period may not necessarily be a good indicator of future incidents in that area.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.