Public Demonstrations (796A/20)
I was hoping you could provide me with the following information for West Midlands:
- a) the total number of public demonstrations (rallies, riots, protests and marches) of
which you have formally been made aware from January 1st 2020 to present.
- b) figures relating to the above from January 1st 2019 – 31 December 2019
- c) figures relating to the above from January 1st 2018 to 31st December 2018
- d) figures relating to the above from January 1st 2017 to 31st December 2017
- e) figures relating to the above from January 1st 2016 to 31st December 2016
- f) figures relating to the above from January 1st 2015 to 31st December 2015
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.